Random Conversations

Random thoughts not always but mostly based on things I see, hear, read.. you get the drill.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thursday, for lack of a title.

If with six you get eggroll what the hell do you get with sixteen. Michelle Duggar, aged 39, just had her sixteenth child. Let me repeat that last part, her sixteenth child. Do the math with me children, she started at 21, has had two sets of twins, so this means she's gone through pregnancy fourteen times in eighteen years. Go check out the story if you are so inclined http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9680098. Now, don't get me wrong, if you can support your children, emotionally and monetarily, breed all you want. And as far as I know this family is doing that, so more power to them. But unless you are trying to field a sports team, run a large farm, or seeding your own cult what do you need sixteen kids for? If every child is a blessing from god, why not adopt some of the unwanted blessings already here? As mentioned in this space I have one child and I hope/intend/desire to have one more. Replacing myself on the planet is a responsible amount of reproduction, at least that's my feeling on it. If I need more for whatever reason I'd be more inclined to foster kids in need. But that's just me.

Bushs heart to heart (s) with the soldiers faked? And who is surprised by this revelation? Prior to the press conference news cameras captured a White House official coaching the soldiers, 'we don't want any stuttering', telling them how to respond should something come up that they had not scripted, which soldier should get handed the microphone and my personal favorite - that smiles wouldn't hurt things back here at home - and yet the White House still claims these things are unscripted.

Rumor. A friend told me that the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan foolishness is being put together in ice opera form. Could not find any information on it online, if I do I'll let you know. Can't decide if it's sad, funny or sick. Maybe all three.

The pumpkin died. We had a pumpkin carving afternoon here on Sunday, so much fun, so very cathartic for me I actually scared my friend a little I think since by the end she was threatening to take the little saws away from me, and then today, sadness. The one her daughter did died during the night. I came down this morning to find it collapsed. So far mine is just dandy.

More sadness. The Cardinals lost tonight. I shouldn't be surprised really, last year we went the full seven games to beat them. So now the series is tied 1-1 and I'm not worried, I have my ralley monkey, a seemingly endless supply of Cardinals apparrel and a six pack of black cherry soda. Bring it on Astros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home