Random Conversations

Random thoughts not always but mostly based on things I see, hear, read.. you get the drill.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Warning: April is here and that means

You will be exposed to random comments, including expletives, that are likely to be completely out of context for you not only here in this blog but in any conversations you might be lucky enough to have with me between now and late October. Opening day was April 3rd, of course I don't consider baseball season truly in play until we've had opening day at Bush Stadium. We're 5 and 4, one game out of the lead of the National League Central division. Go ahead, laugh, but it's never too early to start keeping count.

Now onto other things.

Speaking of sports, from Rangelife's blog:

Victoria, not VictoriousAt last Saturday's Cal men's hoops season finale versus USC, Bears boosters pulled a prank that straddles the fuzzy gray line between "Crap-Yer-Pants Hilarious" and "Inexcusably Cruel."
When USC guard Gabe Pruitt took his first trip to the free throw line early in the game, the Cal student section hollered in unison: "VIC-TOR-IA, VIC-TOR-IA," and then yelled out a telephone number. Pruitt glanced back at the crowd in horror and bewilderment before clanking his free throws.
It turns out that a couple of mischeivous little bastards from the Cal student section had been IM'ing with Pruitt all week under the identity of "Victoria," a fictional UCLA hottie, and Pruitt was eagerly anticipating a date with this nubile co-ed back in Westwood after the game. In preparation for the date, Pruitt had handed over his digits, which the Cal student section recited back to him in unison.
Pruitt, a 79% free throw shooter this season, missed both shots after the "VIC-TOR-IA" chants began, and hit only three out of 13 shots the whole game. Cal beat USC by 11 for the season sweep, in part due to the Cal fans' devious psy-ops.

www.defectiveyeti.com
Another blog, some very funny things, my favorites - the bachelor-ate, tick tock, research day

www.overheardinnewyork.com
Very funny site of submitted snipped of conversation overheard in New York. I love this idea, I am always overhearing odd and funny things but I'm never able to get them written down. I always think I'll remember but by the time I'm in a place to record them, poof, it's gone.

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/09/60minutes/main1385230.shtml
The science of sexual orientation. Originally 60 minutes aired this on March 13th, sadly I missed it but you can read it all at the above link. It was a really fascinating and well done story.

Curves update - I was up a couple pounds this month, damn period, but I was still down close to 5 inches. Still loving it, I really look forward to my workout days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home